5.08.2003

I just had a job interview. It was just exhausting. I almost cried at the end. They want me to move. And I really really want this job. But then again, I feel like I can't leave everything. I think I cried partly because I was already saying yes. I was picturing myself away from my life as I know it. As the consul spoke, I was already working these intense, hard hours assisting migrants, going to police stations, making a difference. And then I imagined all the ice-creams I would'nt share with Pablo and Mariana, and the movie-less afternoons, and figuring out alternate little mondays...and actually dealing with being Lamaz in a diofferent contxt. How ironic, this afternoon, after driving for two hours, when I got to my parent's house, my mom took a look at me and just said, "Oh, you really are La Maz" I looked blankly at her. "Well, those glasses, and your little bun...you actually are..". Another voice. It feels a lot likle my own, actually.